If you reached this page from a search engine, we strongly recommend you visit our free government cell phone page for important general program information.
If you are looking for government Cell Phone providers in California, we are here to help. The bad news is that there are no totally free cell phones in California.
The good news is that there is one provider that offers deeply discounted prices for people who qualify.
- 250 Minutes = $2.50 per month
- 500 Minutes = $5.00 per month
- 1000 Minutes = $20.00 per month
They have something for everyone. In order to be eligible for their discounted rates, you must be enrolled in one or more of the following government assistance programs.
- Healthy Families Category A
- Low Income Home Energy Assistance Program (LIHEAP)
- Federal Public Housing Assistance
- Section 8 Housing
- Food Stamps or Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP)
- Women, Infants and Children Program (WIC)
- National School Lunch Program (NSLP)
- Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF)
- Tribal Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF)
- Bureau of Indian Affairs General Assistance
- Head Start Income Eligible (Tribal Only)
You may also be eligible if the total income for your household is below a certain level. The exact amount will depend on the number of people living in your household.